Monday, June 11, 2012

Cleanup....


One of the first things I did was to start disassembling the piano and cleanup what I could. I started with the keys. They were filthy. I removed a few at a time and used my multi-tool with mini sanding attachment and went to work.



As you can see, the multi-tool did a great job cleaning the key levers. Got plenty more to do....

Found a nice little mouse house under the keys. Time to get out the shop vac!

 


After the keys, started to clean up the wood & felt parts. Actually sanded the hammers to clean them up. Worked out well.

 

Here are the finished key levers. Nice!


Taking out the key frame. Thought I'd try to clean this out of the piano. It came out easily, just a few screws.

Here's the mult-tool with the small sanding "finger" attachment. Works great for getting into tight spaces, especially around these pins!

Here's a before & after of the key bed. BIG difference!  Got rid of all the mice stains. Again, using the multi-tool and a larger oscillating sander. So much better!

 

Before & after with the key frame cleaned & installed.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment